Ajax Systems has released the updated PRO Desktop app, which now combines all the tools to connect, maintain and monitor Ajax security systems.
PRO Desktop 3.2 will allow installation and service companies to manage the PRO accounts of staff installers and external contractors, give them temporary access to system settings and restrict access to sensitive information.
More options for administering
New app features have been developed to respond to the security market demand. Installation companies needed a “corporate” account to provide access to security settings for the personal PRO accounts.
Now when creating a company account, PRO Desktop 3.2 offers to select the company profile: Alarm monitoring or Installation and maintenance. The owner can select both profiles — the company will then have access to a monitoring module and all 7 employees roles, such as Company owner, Senior CMS Engineer, Engineer, Head of operators, Operator, and the new roles of Installer and Head of installers.
The PRO account that created the company gets the role of the company owner. Such an account has access to all PRO app modules, can invite, delete, and change the employees permissions, as well as change company data.
The mobile PRO app now features the ability to separate the company’s hubs from the installer’s PRO account hubs. Several hub lists are now available in the interface, and the installer can switch between them in two clicks.
No restrictions: a company can have multiple installers, everyone with their own PRO account, and an installer can work with multiple companies simply by switching between them in the apps. All information from installed systems is instantly synchronized with apps via Ajax Cloud. All the transmitted and stored data is securely encrypted.
Advantages of cloud technologies
PRO Desktop 3.2 cloud infrastructure doesn’t require powerful servers, dedicated IP, or system administrators. Ajax Cloud is located in several geographically dispersed data centers, has an intelligent load balancer, and uses advanced server technology. The availability of Ajax Cloud in 2021 was 99.995%.
Ajax Cloud features PRO Desktop with more advantages, even compared to the best SaaS solutions in the industry. You don’t need to buy a separate subscription to change the functionality or additional server space to scale. Ajax Cloud infrastructure is ready for your company to change and scale up every week.
Real-time administration and control
Cloud server upgrades and changes in the PRO interface apps facilitate the work of both large security holdings and installation companies with several employees.
- The company profile can be changed at any time. In fact, three app configurations are available, the interface adapts instantly once the owner changes the type of company in the settings.
- An employee with the Head of installers role can add and manage installer accounts and provide access to system settings, but within the limits of the rights defined for the company account.
- The new Installer role is designed for those who work on-site: connects the hub to the CMS, configures devices via the mobile app, and then maintains the system, remotely, if necessary. An installer can configure devices and view event logs of only those hubs that the company gave them access to.
- Timer for system settings access. Upon request, an installer can get access to the Ajax settings temporarily — for 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours. The head of installers can also assign a specific installer to a facility with permanent access to settings. In this case, the hub administrator has the final control over access to system settings.
- Detailed event log. All installers’ actions are recorded and available for viewing in real time. The app provides a set of filters for a quick search.
Update to PRO Desktop 3.4 to get maintenance reports in a few clicks. Archive, print, and integrate via API.
How to get the update
PRO Desktop 3.2 for Windows and macOS is now available for download.
If you have a previous version of PRO Desktop installed, the app will offer an automatic update.